Olde Schoolhouse Winery & Vineyard
In the Fall of 2014, two couples decided to purchase a property of the corner State Route 127 and State Route 726 to transform it into a Vineyard and a Winery. Located just North of Eaton, Ohio in Preble County, this building had been vacant for at least 30 years. Although, it has quite a history. The land was originally purchased from the Montgomery Family in the late 1800's and the "Oklahoma Schoolhouse No. 4" was built. It was used as a school for 40 years until it was closed and the property was sold back to the Montgomery family. Sometime in the 1940's, the Montgomery family decided to renovate the school house into the Montgomery Seed Company. The building was used for agricultural purposes after the business closed and remained vacant for around 30 years, until it was purchased in 2014.
In the Spring of 2015, the old pasture was planted into our Vineyard. We planted 1000 vines with the help of our friends and families. We can't wait to have our own grapes in about 4 years.
Meanwhile, we have been working to convert the warehouse into our production room, the grain drying rooms into restrooms, and the schoolhouse into our tasting room.
Stop by, take a tour, hear our story, and most of all, ENJOY OUR WINE!
Address: 152 State Route 726
Eaton, OH 45320